A huge fire breaks out at the Raghuveer textile market in Surat; third incident in six months
A major fire broke out early Tuesday morning at the Raghuveer textile market on the Puna Kumbhariya road in Surat. No casualties were reported as all stores were closed. More than 15 firefighters were involved in extinguishing the flames. This is the third fire in the last six months in the same market. The deal was sealed after the second incident.
The fire was brought under control after three hours overnight. Several people from neighboring areas arrived after hearing about the fire. There are over 15 textile markets on Kumbharia Road.
Surat firefighters received a call at 11:45 p.m. overnight about the fire on the first floor of the Raghuveer textile market. Firefighters arrived at the scene at 12:00 p.m. and began to extinguish the flames emerging from the elevation structure of the market.
A total of 15 firefighters from different areas arrived on the scene as the fire spread with spread due to the winds. Firefighters brought the blaze under control after two hours.
Surat Municipality Fire Chief Basant Pareek said: “This is the third such fire to occur in the same market.e and January 21st January. After the fire, we found that the fire safety systems in the market were not adequate, and even the market elevation structure was not appropriate. After the second fire, we sealed the deal. As the market falls into the SUDA area, we have submitted a report to the head of SUDA to make changes to the elevation structure. The market was already closed.
He further added: “The flames of fire that started on the first floor spread to the eighth floor of the market. The fire was in several places in the markets, so our employees were divided from all directions. The empty stores in the markets were swallowed up. There was repair work going on in the market. At this time, it is difficult to say how the fire started, but investigations are continuing. No casualties were reported in the fire.